The following update was received by the LCCI from Dave Howell, Commercial Manager of Dekenai Constructions.
Dekenai Constructions Ltd has finished over 70% of Aircorps Road and we are on target to complete work within our contract period.
We are aware of the inconvenience presently being experienced by businesses in the Lae Industrial Area. The situation has worsened recently with the closure of Mangola St.
In an effort to ‘ease the pain’, Dekenai Constructions Ltd will temporarily open Aircorps Rd to two lane traffic between the Markham Rd intersection and Macdhui St. We are presently completing line marking and expect (weather permitting) to re-open this section by 29th May.
For the next few weeks we will concentrate on the Main Market area and Mangolia St roundabout. Flow restrictions will be re-imposed on the Markham Rd/Macdhui St section once we completed the Main Market section.
During the week the LCCI received many concerns over the ongoing roads works, especially the blocking of all access to Rabtrad. These matters have been resolved with some reservation but with the knowledge we will finish up with a better road system.
1. Section closed between Nestle and Able Computing for pavement Preparation Works
2. Section remains closed between Able Computing and Voco Point for Concrete Works
3. All the traffic from China Town roundabout to Markham round diverted on the back road of Nestle-UMW-Voco Point.
Milford Haven Road:
1. Section between Bumbu Road and Pareer St on Milford Haven Rd remains closed for Earth Works, Pavement Preparation Works, Kerbing, Line Drain and Concrete Works.
Jawani Street: Pavement Concrete work started and continues for next couple of weeks. Continues on Pavement preparation, Kerbing and line drain works.
Cassowary Rd: Line Drain, Kerbing Pavement Preparation Continues . Pavement Concrete Continues for next few weeks. Temporary access for all residents.
Cleaning & Line Marking work in Progress Section between Hawk St and Sandpipers Rd on Cassowary and planned to open by mid next week..
1. Pavement Concrete work continues in 1st Section opposite to PNG Ports/Main Wharf.
2. Pavement Concrete work Continues on 2nd Section (Opp to Brian Bell)
3. Section-3 – On Rabtrad side( One Side only). Pavement Preparation Work in Progress
All the sections on Mangola Street remains closed for next couple of weeks.
1. Line Drain and Culvert Works in Progress.
Boundary Road is Opened for Traffic.
1. Soil Stabilization Works and continues for next days
2. Planned for Line Marking, Street Lights fixing, Chip Sealing Works for Cedar & Hibiscus in next Week.