The following update was received from Dekenai Construction Ltd regarding the pavement stabilisation and concrete surfacing of Aircorps Road from Morobe Avenue/Aircorps Road to Markaham/Butibam Road.
The Contractor would like to inform you of a traffic management plan as the work progresses to the section of the road between Papindo Head Quarters and Roundabout (SVS). Click here for the schematic illustrating the plan.
- Right hand lane of Aircorps Road starting Papindo HQ will be blocked off all through to Kisere St at approximately 300m.
- Left lane of Aircorps Road from ANZ to the Market and SVS Roundabout will be accessible for vehicles to move one way until past Kisere St.
- As per the traffic plan, Vehicles with a destination to Mainland plumbing, will access via Laurabada Ave & Cederbank St.
- Vehicles with a destination to Seeto Kui Hyper mart and Highway Automotive and Papindo will be accessing via the pedestrian footpath and car park.
- This traffic Management plan that will take effect as soon as the work is in progress and appeal to all business houses to adhere for a smooth and efficient traffic flow.
The below update has been received from Shorncliffe Ltd.
- Butibam Rd: We have postponed the blocking of second section of Butibam between Airway and Heron Street to this Sunday (May 11th). We will move the road blocks to the section on Sunday. We are planning to open the section of Butibam Road from Markham Rd to Voco Point Rd. We will maintain a two one-way paths. Traffic going into the area from Markham Rd will go to Airway Avenue. Traffic going out to Markham will go through Voco Point road. Click here for a revised TMP.
- MilfordHaven Rd: Continue concrete work and pavement preparation.
- Cassowary Rd: Line drain and culvert work at Huon street junction. Pavement concrete continue. Hawk street plans to open on Sat (May 10).
- Jawani St: Continue on pavement preparation and line drain work. Concrete work will start next week.
- Mangola St: Section close to PNG port entry will be completed. Concrete work will start at section in front of Brian Bell store. A TMP will be sent early next week regarding the next section of the road for pavement preparation.
- Boundary Road: Continue on line drain work.
- Kwila Rd Area: Completed asphalt work on Cassia Cresent Rd. Line marking will start next week. Minor work such as kerb repair and line drain repair will continue.